In today’s digital world, often the quickest way to share information is through a screenshot. Whether you’re trying to show a friend a high score in a game or provide customer support for an issue, being able to take and share a screenshot is essential. Here we are going to guide you on how to screenshot on Lenovo Chromebook.
7 Methods: How to Screenshot on Lenovo Chromebook
Taking a screenshot on a Lenovo Chromebook is easy and can be done by following methods in a few simple steps. Lenovo laptops have several different ways to take screenshots, depending on the model you have.
1. Take A Screenshot Using Windows Key
There are several ways to take a screenshot on a Lenovo Chromebook, but the most common way is to use the Windows key and the print screen key. The Windows key provides a fast and easy way to take screenshots on your PC. Just press the Windows key and the PrtScn (Print Screen) key at the same time to take a screenshot. The screenshot will be saved as a .png file in your Pictures folder.
2. Take A Screenshot Using The Fn Key
There are many ways to take screenshots, but the Fn key is one of the easiest. To take a screenshot using the Fn key, hold down the Fn key and press the PrtScn key. If the screenshot is captured in the upper right corner, it will be saved as a file named Windows10-screenshot-name.png with a .png extension. If the screenshot is captured in the lower right corner, it will be saved as a file named Windows10-screenshot-name.png with a .jpg extension.
3. Take A Screenshot Using The PrtScn Key
Using the PrtScn key is a quick and easy way to do it. In this heading, we’ll guide you on how to take screenshot on Chromebook using the PrtScn key. The PrtScn key is located on most keyboards, usually in the lower-left corner. If your keyboard has a PrintScreen button, that’s probably what you’re looking for. If not, it may be under the function keys at the top of your keyboard.
On Windows, you may have to press the Ctrl key along with the PrtScn key. You can check your keyboard’s location by looking at the icon in the upper-left corner of your screen. You’ll find it looks like a person with a camera. If you want to find out more about your keyboard’s keyboard layout, check out the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.
How to do it: To take the screenshot, press the PrtScn key while holding down the mouse button. The screenshot will appear in the upper-left corner of your screen. If you want to take multiple screenshots, press the PrtScn key again. To take a screenshot of just part of your screen, hold down the Alt key. You can also take a screenshot of your entire screen. Press the “Shift” and “Print Screen” keys at the same time.
However, if you want to delete the screenshot from Windows, select it and then hit Delete. You can also select the screenshot in Windows Explorer and hit Delete.
4. Screenshot Using The Snipping Tool
The Snipping Tool is a program that is installed on all versions of Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10. It allows you to take screenshots of your entire screen, a selected area, or a specific window. If you want to capture only a certain area of the screen, you can use the snipping tool.
- To take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool, first, open the program.
- Next, select the type of screenshot you would like to take. You can choose to screenshot the entire screen, a selected area, or a specific window.
- Then, draw a box around the area you would like to capture.
- Finally, click the “Take screenshot” button and your screenshot will be saved to your computer.
Snipping Tool Shortcuts
The Snipping Tool shortcuts will allow you to take screenshots in a faster and easier way.
- To take a screenshot using one of the Snipping Tool shortcuts, first, open the program.
- Then, all you have to do is press the keyboard shortcut of your choice.
- For example, to take a screenshot using the “Print Screen” button, you would press the “Alt” key and then the PrtScr key on your keyboard.
5. Take A Screenshot Using The Touchpad
The touchpad on a Chromebook is a handy feature that can be used for more than just scrolling and clicking. If you don’t want to use any keys on your keyboard, you can also use the touchpad to take screenshots.
To take a screenshot using the touchpad, you have to first make sure that your mouse is turned off. To do this, just move the mouse button on and off so that it turns off and on again. This will turn your mouse into a trackpad.
You can also take a screenshot of your entire screen by moving the cursor to the top right corner, pressing and holding down the mouse button, and then pressing the Touchpad button on the keyboard. This will take a screenshot of the entire screen. If you want to take a screenshot from one particular window, click on the window and press and hold down the mouse button while pressing the Touchpad button on your keyboard. This will take a screenshot of just that window.
Saving the Screenshot
After you have taken the screenshot, you will need to save it. You can save the screenshot to your pictures folder, or you can email it to friends.
- To save to your Pictures folder, click on the cog icon in the top right corner and then click ‘Save As’ under ‘Save As Type’.
- To email, the screenshot, go to your email app and type in the name of the picture (e.g. “Screenshots”) and then click on ‘Attach’ under ‘File’.
- Move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen and hold down your button. The screenshot will appear in a new window called “Screen Shot”. You can paste this screenshot into most web pages, or save it as an image file on your computer.
To share the screenshot on social media, download the file to your computer and then use an image editing program such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP to crop out anything you don’t want in the screenshot, convert it to a different format (e.g., .png, or .jpg), and then upload the screenshot to a social media site such as Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
6. Take A Screenshot Using Markup Hero
There are a ton of screenshot-taking programs out there, but Markup Hero is by far the best. It’s super easy to use and has a ton of features that the other programs don’t have. If you’re looking for a great screenshot-taking program, Markup Hero is definitely the way to go! Markup Hero is a free program.
You can download it for your Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. Markup Hero has a number of features that make it the best screenshot-taking program. First, it’s really easy to use. All you have to do is take your screenshot and click “Save” or “Share”. Markup Hero is also great because it can take screenshots of a webpage. This way, you can create PDF documents or save the screenshot to your computer.
7. Taking A Screenshot on Lenovo Using Snagit
This is one of the easiest ways to take screenshots on a Lenovo Chromebook. The given step-by-step guide will help you to take screenshots on your Chromebook.
- To open Snagit, choose “Start” and then “All Programs”.
- Next, type in “Snagit”. You will be able to see an icon for Snagit. Click that icon and a new window will open.
- In the new window, click the “+” button.
- From the “File Type” drop-down menu, select “Screenshot”.
- Next, click the “Capture” button.
- On your Chromebook, you will need to press and hold the Windows button and the Print Screen key.
- To save this screenshot, you will need to open Snagit.
- Click the “Open” button on the top of your screen.
Note: You will be taken to a different window, where you can save your screenshot. In this window, select the file format that you wish to use for saving it, and then click the “Save” button. You can also use a different name for the file if you desire.
It is important to note that this screenshot can only be used within Snagit. It cannot be taken and used elsewhere. This is because the screenshots are saved as .JPG files, which can be opened within just about any photo editing program. You also cannot use this screenshot in a report or presentation.
To Print the Screenshot: Open the “Printers and Faxes” Menu
- Click the “Printers and Faxes” button in the top right of your screen.
- The Printers and Faxes window will open, showing all your printers and fax machines.
- Click on a printer to view the properties.
- Click the “File” tab, then click on “Print”
- Click the “Settings” button and then click the “Advanced…” button.
- This will open the “Printer Properties” window.
- Click on the “Print Settings” tab.
- The “Printer Properties” window will pop up.
- Click on the “Printing Preferences” tab, then in the “Settings…” window, click on the radio button that says: “Tortilla Chalk Print”.
- Now click on the “OK” button.
- When you print a document with Tortilla Chalk Print, it will appear on the printed page in orange and black ink.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the key to the snipping tool?
The snipping tool is a key part of the Windows 10 operating system. It allows users to take screenshots of their screens and edit them. The snipping tool can be used for a variety of purposes, including creating tutorials, capturing errors, and saving images. The snipping tool is located in the Accessories folder in the Start menu. To take a screenshot on a Lenovo Chromebook, press the Fn and PrtScn keys at the same time.
What should I do if the Snipping Tool doesn’t work?
If the Snipping Tool doesn’t work on your Lenovo Chromebook laptop, you can try other methods to take screenshots. One way is to use the PrtScn button. To do this, press the PrtScn button on your keyboard, and then open an image editor such as Microsoft Paint. Press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot into the image editor.
What is replacing the Snipping Tool?
Screen Sketch is the replacement of the snipping tool. While Screen Sketch does have some similarities to the Snipping Tool, it also has some major differences. Screen Sketch can capture the entire current desktop, an individual window, or a portion of the screen. Furthermore, Screen Sketch allows you to annotate your screenshot by drawing on it with a brush and also adding text to it. The captured image file can be saved in either PNG or JPEG format.
How can I take a screenshot without the print screen button? Use Snip & Sketch
The first step is to open the Snip & Sketch tool. To do this, press the Fn+F2 keys at the same time on your keyboard. This will open the Snip & Sketch tool. Once you open the tool, just click on the “Capture Screen” button. This will save your screenshot to a folder that is created in your My Pictures folder or a folder of your choice. To take a screenshot of the whole screen, just click on the “Full Screen” button. To take a screenshot of the active window, just click on the “Active Window” button.
How to screenshot on Lenovo Chromebook?
The process is simple and can be completed in just a few steps.
First, press the Ctrl and Shift keys at the same time. Then, press the Capture button. You will see a flash and hear a shutter sound, indicating that the screenshot was taken successfully. Your screenshot will be automatically saved to your Downloads folder.
Taking screenshots on a Lenovo Chromebook is a fairly easy process. By following the steps listed in this article, you can easily capture your screen and save it as an image file. You can either use the built-in keyboard shortcuts or the Snipping Tool.
If you need to take a screenshot of a specific area on your screen, the Snipping Tool is the best option. However, if you need to take a screenshot of your entire screen, using keyboard shortcuts is the quickest way to do it.
Additionally, if you need to take a screenshot on a different type of Chromebooks, the basic steps are generally the same. So don’t hesitate to give it a try the next time you need to take a screenshot!